buttons

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Back home and sewing again


There were 2 vacations in July. Two wonderful vacations.  My husbands family has been going to the same spot in northern Wisconsin for 35 years.  It has changed surprisingly little in all that time. A beautiful pristine place full of traditions for us.


Then it was off to the Tetons with my 3 sisters.  We came from South Carolina, Memphis TN, Chicago, and southern Indiana.  We started these get togethers 4 years ago.  Just the sisters on an adventure, (mostly talking and eating).  I've haven't spent much time in the west and I have to say the Tetons were magnificent.  I can't imagine ever getting tired of that sight.


Yes, we went paragliding.  I kind of can't believe thats me, but it is.




Nice to be home and reunited with my sewing machine.  My morning glories started blooming while I was gone.  I planted these from seed in may and they don't bloom till august but I always think they are worth the wait.
Sadly, I was not chosen for Sewvivor, the challenge that I had auditioned for.  I am still going to participate in some of the challenges though. I thought they sounded so fun and I had ideas and plans.  The first one is anything nautical and it has to be
 quilted.


Fabric pull for the nautical challenge for Sewvivor that Rachel of "family ever after" is hosting.




Do you recognize this?  The scrappy trip from Bonnie Hunter.  She has a free pattern for Scrappy trip. How long ago was it that everyone was making these?  I loved making this quilt and always wanted to make another.  So, when  friends were at my home ( before my many wonderful vacations ) and spotted this quilt, it was decided we would all get together and each make a scrappy trip.  I wanted to just buy a couple of jellyrolls and be on my way,  but I cut 2 1/2 strips, all 213 of them.  The sew-along isn't till september but I'll be ready


1 comment:

  1. Your vacations looked like fun. I can't believe you paraglided, I would not have been as brave as you!
    I love your Trip Around the World, the colors you picked are great. I am also thinking of making another one.
    Sorry you didn't make Sewvivor but you now can do it as a leisurely pace! I thought your quilt was amazing.

    ReplyDelete