buttons

Monday, July 7, 2014

Auditioning for Sew-vivor: Nancy Wheatley


Rach at Family Ever After is hosting sew-vivor again for the 3rd time and it is for Quilts this time!  There are great challenges with all kinds of opportunities to stretch that creativity.  There's even hexies...I've had those on my "want to do list" for way too long now.
     You can chose one quilt to audition with.  I chose my favorite quilt of course.  This quilt is 50 by 68 and was paper pieced using the pattern, Prism by Faith Jones of Fresh Lemons Modern Quilts.  In the end, I changed the pattern a little by adding a border and extending the orange and pink diamonds into the border.  I initially did this to make the quilt a little bigger but it had the added plus of making the quilt a little different and unique to me.  This was my first attempt at using low volume fabrics. They were fun and I was happy with the scrappy wonderfulness of it.




9 comments:

  1. i love how crisp and fresh this quilt looks.
    i really like how they are diamonds instead of offset squares.
    best of luck to you in the audition round!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is such a great quilt!! It has a sparkle about it and I love the spiral curvy quilting to balance the sharp lines of the piecing. Good Luck in the competition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Good luck in sew-vivor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this quilt, the colors and particularly the the quilting. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bright colors you chose for this quilt and all of the details, too. Fantastic! Best, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is gorgeous!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absoloutely beautiful! I haven't seen anything quite like it. Best of luck to you! You definitely deserve to be selected!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree... this is absolutely beautiful! Can I have it? haha, jk. What a work of art. And thank you so much for entering Sewvivor!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You go! Love the quilt, that you entered it in Sew-vivor, and that I found your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete