buttons

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Welcome July



My poking around finds from Memorial Day weekend.  A gossip bench and a cross-stitch towel.  The bench has a wonderful soft vintage red but it was so beat-up, plus I wanted a gray blue for my entry way.  ( The towel is for a future project...I have plans!)



The top is still a little warped but it is loved.  It came out just like I saw it in my mind.  THAT doesn't always happen.  The pillow was made using a calendar towel.  I was really drawn to the graphic look of the months of the year all printed out and knew I could use them in some kind of wonderful way.  I pick them up whenever I see them in antique or resale shops.  I have a hard time turning my back on old linens.



  My anniversary is in June. My oldest daughter and my husband have birthdays in June.  The weather in June is usually so nice but I am so ready to say goodbye to June 2014.  I won't candy coat it and you can't make me. It stunk! If it wasn't the washer or the lawn mower, it was one of my kids cars or a zillion other silly things....so goodbye June. Bring on July. I don't even care if the weather is sweltering!

1 comment:

  1. I love that name, gossip bench! It turned out real nice and looks perfect in that spot.
    Happy Anniversary and many more!
    I can't pass up vintage linens either, it's so fun to find one you really, really like.

    ReplyDelete