buttons

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Wraping it up!


How appropriate to be ending with a turtle!  Slow and steady gets it done.  They're all together and ready to quilt.  My patterns could be tweaked and improved but I didn't stress over them.  They are uniquely mine.

I prefer to stay home most days but last week I ventured beyond the local grocery store and the city limits.  It was the southern Indiana shop hop.

The first purchase. A new embroidery project, since I've been loving that so much lately.  Designed by Meg Hawley of Crab-apple Hill.  Love her stuff but thought the colors in this pattern were a little too "country" for me, so I've chosen brighter colors.  Planning on ditching the ruffle as well.   Love the fireworks!  Meg's halloween designs are particularly charming.





Fell in love with this new line of fabric.  Emmy Grace by Bari J. Ackerman.  My oldest daughter is named Emmy Jane...I'm sure that has nothing to do with this purchase..ha! My Emmy loves to fish too but she would never fish in a dress!  I noticed this line is also available  at Hawthorne Threads.  I'm making a travel bag for my trips to Wisconsin and Wyoming later this summer.  I've used this pattern to make a bag for each of my daughters and would really recommend it. 


3 comments:

  1. The quilt is great. How are you going to quilt it? I am always stumped when embroidery is involved...
    Love that bag too. It says Simplicity so I am guessing it was easy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate enough to take a McTavishing class with Karen McTavish herself in May, so wondering if I could do some mctavishing around the embroidery! Not sure yet. Yes, as I recall the bag was easy to make. I really liked the way it turned out.

      Delete
  2. I love your embroidered quilt! I love to embroider with perle cotton. I am visiting from WIP Wednesday. Stop by my blog http://tanyaquiltsinco.blogspot.com/2014/06/1-year-blog-anniversary-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete