buttons

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Almost there!






It's here where I'm torn between, "I'm really enjoying doing embroidery again and don't want this to end" and " I can't wait to get these squares all together and see what the finished project is going to look  like."  Not unlike a really good book you get lost in and feel yourself rushing towards the end even though you so badly don't want to say goodbye to the characters.  Next week the last square and the ta da finished quilt.

There are a couple of quilt alongs out there that I've come across lately that are so tempting!  Faith Jones at Fresh Lemons has the Summer Sparkle Quilt-along.  Traditional stars with a fresh modern pop.  Its beautiful and classic.  She really got it right.

Molly Flanders Makerie has one that is really singing to me.  Flowering snowball, isn't that the best name?  Its vintage and scrappy. It also has curved seams but is so wonderful....I just don't know.  Deep breath in...exhale slowly.

Pinwheel Stitch PDF
Butterfly Stitch PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment