buttons

Friday, June 20, 2014

Potato chips






Long time coming!  All 86 by 98 inches of it.  I saw these tiny, as in crazy tiny nine patches on Crazy Mom quilts last summer.  For 2 days I kept thinking about them and finally thought, I gotta make one.  And that folks is how you end up sewing on 5 quilts (or more) at one time.  I spent alot of last summer making these.  I enjoyed sewing them more than I've enjoyed sewing in a long time.  When I remember last summer, I think of a trip we took to the ocean, the pick-up truck we bought and these nine patches I spent so many quiet nights making.   I call this quilt, potato chips because apparently I couldn't make just one.

linking up with crazy mom quilts
Thanks Amanda Jean for the pattern and the inspiration

17 comments:

  1. Wow, this is so cool. The pattern is really simple but the small pieces make it really special. I like the quilted leaves in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cats! that's a lot of small pieces (and a really cute cat!) ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is....WOW...This is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great! How small are those squares?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the most beautiful quilt!! Each block is wonderful in it's own right and I love the quilting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is stunning! You've clearly put a ton of work into this. I love the clever quilt name too, chips are my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Love that you set them on point.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza!!! That is one AMAZING quilt! My hat is off to you. Simply amazing!!!! You get at GOLD star. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks awesome! How big are the actual nine patches? I can tell they are tiny! You didn't let yourself off easy, that is a big quilt! Cute kitty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely. jewel colors and a fabulous make

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lovely and bright and so many tiny pieces - it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! When Amanda Jean came up with the idea, I thought it was very nice and I wanted to make some tiny ninepatches. Never got around to it, but now I HAVE to try. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is crazy gorgeous! All those tiny blocks! Beautiful, beautiful finish! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's amazing, I can't believe how big you made that, with all of those tiny 9 patches. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely quilt!

    Love,

    Ilse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is just awesome! And you have me thinking that i need to make one!!

    ReplyDelete