buttons

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Lightening Bugs and Lemonade







Should I share this?  Its a bit awful but as kids we didn't think so.  On summer nights we use to pull "the light" off of lightening bugs and set them on our ring finger and pretend it was a diamond.  There, its out there now.  No tv to watch, I suppose.  
I put the Summer Stitches all together for the 1st time.  Till now, I just had my fingers crossed that it would all come out ok.  I'm kind-of thinking cute, cute, cute.  3 more to go.

Lightening bug PDF file here
Pink Lemonade PDf file here


linking up with Lee at Freshly pieced

6 comments:

  1. Your stitcheries are just the cutest designs!! I've never seen lightning bugs in real life but I probably would have been tempted to make diamond rings too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete cuteness!!! The patchwork frames are icing on the "cute cake" ;) (I can't believe RachelDaisy has never seen a lightning bug in real life! *gasp*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful stitches! this is going to be a very bright and happy quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, Rachaeldaisy, where do you live? For years we lived in Minn. and Chicago and didn't notice alot of lightening bugs, but now we live in no-place indiana. Its rural and there are lightening bugs and all their cousins. Thanks for the sweet comments on my stitches everyone. I appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the ice cubes in the glass, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the combination of embroidery and quilting, also your swoon blocks (I have never seen a lightening bug either)

    ReplyDelete